✨ Submissions are currently closed ✨
The second anthology of The Rebis will focus on The Chariot. We will be featuring for original writing, artwork, and other forms of creative expression inspired by the seventh card of the Major Arcana.
We are especially interested in stories of identity, courage, transitions, transformation, intimacy, eroticism, and desire. We encourage contributors to look beyond the singular tarot card and would love to see work that interrogates the Chariot and numerologically related cards (The Tower and Minor 7s), references the relationship between the Chariot, The Lovers, and Strength, or incorporates astrological connections between the Chariot and Cancer.
Print submission guidelines
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a proposal for what you’d like to submit, as well as a bio and note in the body of the email. We love to workshop ideas with our contributors!
• If you have a piece of previously unpublished writing or artwork already completed that fits within the theme of the Chariot, you can submit the work in its entirety for consideration.
• Please submit previously unpublished work. By “unpublished” we mean that it hasn’t appeared in any print or digital publications beyond your own social channels or blog.
• Please include links to your website or social media channels if you have them.
• Please limit written submissions to 2,000 words. If you have a proposal for something longer, let us know.
• Artwork should have an image resolution of 300 DPI (The Rebis is a full-color publication).
• Submit your work by June 1, 2023
The Rebis believes in compensating writers and artists for their work. Right now, we can afford to pay each contributor $200 for accepted work for our print publication, and hope to increase this rate over time. Payment for digital work varies depending on the collaboration. Please get in touch for more info.
By submitting your work to The Rebis, you agree to grant our publication first serial rights as well as electronic archival rights. If your submission is accepted, you’ll grant The Rebis a license to use the submission on all its assets; however, you’ll retain ownership. By submitting your work, you confirm that your work is original and does not violate copyright laws. Full terms will be sent out in a Contributor Agreement.